- This event has passed.
Society of Ohio Archivists Scholarships to the 2016 Annual Spring Meeting
February 15, 2016
The Society of Ohio Archivists (SOA) is pleased to announce four scholarships available to students (2 awards), and new archival professionals (2 awards) with three years or less experience in the workplace to attend their annual spring meeting on Friday, May 20, 2016 at the Quest Conference Center in Columbus, Ohio.
The scholarship consists of conference registration (including lunch), a one year membership to SOA, and a $100 travel stipend. Awardees are required to write about their experience for publication in the Ohio Archivist newsletter.
Applications should include the following information:
- Applicant’s name, mailing address, and e-mail address.
- Students should list their school’s name and academic program;
- New professionals should list their employer and number of years working within the field;
- Description about how the meeting will benefit the applicant professionally;
- Brief description of the applicant’s scholarship and contribution to archives. This will be taken into consideration along with the applicant’s number of years in the field or academic study;
- Statement of the applicant’s need for financial support to attend the conference;
Applications are due by February 15, 2016.
Applications and inquiries can be sent via e-mail or mail to
917 Plum Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202.
To post an event listing on this page, email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Event Listing” in the subject line.