- This event has passed.
Social Media 101 for Museums and Historic Sites
January 17, 2017 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm$40 – $65
An AASLH webinar
Is your organization looking to expand its impact and attendance through social media? Join AASLH for crash course on effective social engagement for museums and historic sites.
Full Description of the Webinar:
65% of all adults in the U.S. use at least one social media site. From sharing family photos to learning about what is happening in the world to organizing revolutions to planning a day trip, social media has connected local and international communities like never before. History organizations can be intimidated by the number and variety of social media platforms available. Where do you start? How can history museums best navigate this constantly changing, super connected world? Join AASLH’s Hannah Hethmon for an intensive introduction to social media use at museums and historic sites. Whether you are just setting up your site’s accounts or have been using social media for years, this is a great chance to learn best practices and ask questions.
Topics covered will include:
- Basic social media theory
- How to decide which social media platforms are best for your organization
- How to tailor your posts to your audience
- How to create mission focused content for social sharing
- How to use social media to build relationships with visitors and potential visitors
- Best practices
- An introduction to paid advertising on social media
- Easy ideas to take home and start using right away
Learn more and register.
To post an event listing on this page, email email@example.com with “Event Listing” in the subject line.