- This event has passed.
Sash Mob! Windows Workshop
May 20, 2017 @ 9:00 am - May 21, 2017 @ 5:00 pm$75
Heritage Ohio is partnering with Marsh Building Products, Habitat for Humanity Cincinnati, and Community Matters to teach window restoration while giving back to Lower Price Hill
They’re caked with paint, riddled with cracked glass, drafty, and they’ve been stuck shut longer than you’ve been alive. If we’ve described the window situation in your historic house, then it’s time to do something about it, and we don’t mean replace them. Heritage Ohio is excited to announce that we’re bringing old windows guru Jim Turner back to Ohio to help us conduct a Sash Mob in Cincinnati in May, and you’re invited.
What You Will Learn
If you’ve ever wanted to learn about making your old windows functional, energy efficient, or just more attractive; or, if you’re ready to tackle your own windows DIY project, but don’t know where to begin, then our Sash Mob is the answer for you! Over the course of two days May 20 and 21 you will learn about:
- the basics of window anatomy,
- freeing up you stuck windows,
- installing weather stripping,
- repairing weight ropes and chains,
- cutting and replacing glass, and
- re-glazing window sash.
Window restoration specialist and National Trust Advisor Jim Turner, of Turner Restoration, will lead the workshop.
What You Need To Know
- The workshop will run from 9 am-5 pm each day and lunch will be provided as part of your registration. Attendees should be ready for hands-on learning and be prepared to participate.
- Participants will be provided with safety equipment, and must sign a liability waiver to participate in the workshop.
- This workshop has limited spaces and when they are filled up, they are gone. Register now to make sure you can be a part of this great learning opportunity! Registration will close 5/13/17 at midnight.
- As an added bonus, our project buildings are owned by community development nonprofits, Habitat for Humanity, and Community Matters, so as you learn you’ll be helping organizations that work tirelessly to make Cincinnati a better place.
- In addition to two days of hands-on window learning, we’ll have Friday sessions in a classroom setting focused on working with old windows as well as evening networking opportunities. More information to come.
Sign-in and lunch will take place in The Sanctuary at Community Matters. The majority of the workshop will take place at two building nearby where we will be restoring windows on-site.
Community Matters- 2110 St Michael St, Cincinnati, OH 45204
This two-day hands-on workshop will teach you everything you need to know to start working on repairing your wood windows! The low cost of $75 covers instruction, materials, and lunch for both days! This incredibly affordable price is made possible by our partners and sponsors.
To post an event listing on this page, email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Event Listing” in the subject line.