- This event has passed.
OhioDIG Meeting: “Preserve Digital Ohio”
November 19, 2015 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
Please join the Ohio Digitization Interest Group’s November meeting at 10am on Thursday, November 19, 2015, at the Ohio History Center.
The discussion group meeting will include a presentation on the Preserve Digital Ohio project.
Register by Tues 11/17, 5pm. Limited to 45 (room limit) at http://goo.gl/forms/KfudLmc5Fo
Theme: “Preserve Digital Ohio”
- Elizabeth Allen, circulation assistant, Bexley Public Library.
- Jillian Carney, manager of digital services, Ohio History Connection.
- Shannon Kupfer, digital & tangible media cataloger, State Library of Ohio.
- Nathan Tallman, digital content strategist, University of Cincinnati.
Synopsis: Preserve Digital Ohio is a project led by the speakers. The four came together and applied for the 2015 ILEAD USA Ohio program with the objective to promote outreach and education in digital preservation matters amongst cultural heritage organizations within Ohio, especially small, volunteer-run organizations. The team will give an overview of ILEAD, discuss how the project was developed, and demo the Digital Content Inventory Tool. http://preservedigitalohio.com/
Tour: Behind the scenes of Digital Services. Attendees will get a quick, 10 minute tour of the Digital Services department. Tour will include information about the new overhead cameras as well as large-format scanner.
Hosts: Jillian Carney & Lily Birkhimer, Ohio History Connection
Food: Coffee & cookies will be offered at the start of the meeting. Lunch will be brown bag.
Cost: There is no fee for attending, but we will be accepting donations for the coffee kitty.
- 10:00-10:30 coffee social (coffee & cookies);
- 10:30-11:30 presentation and discussion on topic;
- 11:30-11:45 break;
- 11:45-1:00 brown bag lunch: all-attendee updates, “members” meeting, discussion;
- 1:15– optional: small group discussions (user groups, birds of a feather);
- 1:15-1:25 Tour (limit 10 people)
- 1:30-1:40 Tour (limit 10 people)
Site: Ohio History Center, 3rd floor, 800 E. 17th Ave. Columbus, OH 43211
Directions/Parking: Free onsite parking. See https://www.ohiohistory.org/
About OhioDIG: The Ohio Digitization Interest Group is an informal discussion group open to those with an interest in digitization in the archives/library/museum/
To post an event listing on this page, email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Event Listing” in the subject line.