- This event has passed.
Appalachian Heritage Luncheon
December 14, 2016 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm$35
Please join Ohio’s Hill Country Heritage Area as we join Heritage Ohio to host the 6th Annual Appalachian Heritage Luncheon at the Ohio Statehouse Atrium in Columbus on Wednesday, December 14th, 2016 from Noon – 1PM. Hear 11 different success stories from people, organizations and businesses that are changing Ohio’s Hill Country!
Arrive at 11AM for Historic Statehouse Tour led by Architect Bob Loversidge and Historic Preservationist Nancy Rechhie. The tour is included in the cost of your luncheon.
This year’s Appalachian Success Stories will be introduced by legislators and presented by the following honorees:
- National Museum of Cambridge Glass (Guernsey County)
- Edge of Appalachia (Adams County)
- Nelson T Gant House (Muskingum County)
- Trumpet in the Land (Tuscarawas County)
- Yearly Quaker Meeting House (Jefferson County)
- McArthur Spring Literary Festival (Vinton County)
- Historic Roscoe Village (Coshocton County)
- Buckeye Trail Association (Perry County Headquarters/Trail Passes through Multiple Counties)
- Fly Ferry (Monroe County)
- Village Bakery (Athens County)
- Sewah Studios (Washington County)
Please note that transportation is being made available by van from Athens up U. S. Rt. 33 by the Ohio University Center for Campus & Community Engagement and that scholarships are available for OU students who wish to attend! Contact Diana Marvel at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Registration is $35 per person and includes a statehouse tour at 11AM, live music beginning at 11:30AM, a box lunch at Noon followed by presentations of success stories.
Thanks to AEP Ohio and Heritage Ohio for their sponsorship of this important annual event
To post an event listing on this page, email email@example.com with “Event Listing” in the subject line.